Saturday, February 27, 2010

Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup

This recipe was posted by Rita Funk, a new regularly contributing author to this blog.  Welcome, Rita!

This is a VERY easy meal- and my favorite tortilla soup-ish recipe. I got it from my sister in law who said it was "freakin delish."  She was right.

Add to crockpot:
1 pound chicken (frozen)
2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen corn
1 jar salsa (16 oz)
1 1/2 tsp cumin

1/2 cup sour cream (stir in at the end)

*** Put the beans on the bottom and don't disturb them. Chicken on top and then just layer everything on that...
*** Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours
*** Stir in sour cream before serving.

I have added frozen tomatoes and green peppers from my garden and it was great- and any kind of beans will work- I just use whatever I have on hand.

No comments: