Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mom's Healthy Chicken

This recipe was contributed by Rachel Nielson

This is a staple in the Westover home!  It's a favorite for summer BBQs and parties.

1.  Combine:

1/2 c. packed brown sugar
6 T. olive oil
4 T. apple cider vinegar
3 medium garlic cloves
3 T. grainy mustard (like Guldens)
4 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 t. salt

2.  Marinate chicken overnight or all day.  (This is enough marinade for A LOT of chicken.  My recipe says 16 pieces/breasts!  I usually half this.  I am wondering if I could make the marinade, only use some of it, and then store the rest in my fridge.  I wonder how long it would last?)

3.  Grill chicken on the BBQ.  (I've also cooked the chicken on a skillet on the stove.  I'm sure it would work to bake it as well.)

Serve with rice pilaf.  Delicious!

No comments: