- One box brownie mix, prepared (I am partial to the Hershey or Ghiradelli triple chunk versions so you get big chunks of chocolate surprises in your trifle)
- Two small boxes of chocolate pudding mix, prepared (You need 8 oz total, so the larger 6 oz box isn't quite enough. I have even used the sugar free, fat free mix before and it was still delic!)
- 8 oz container of cool whip (I use light and you can't tell the difference)
- Frozen or fresh berries (I love the mixed bag of frozen blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries with a few fresh strawberries mixed in.)
Cut the entire pan of brownies into little bite sized squares and layer in the bottom of your bowl. Top with pudding, then cool whip, then berries. Start over with the brownies again and repeat three times. Voila! Easy as pie (actually way easier).
A few notes:
- If you use frozen berries, they tend to bleed all over the cool whip on top and ruin the presentation. Rinse the ones for the top layer in a colander first. They will still bleed, but not nearly as much. I don't rinse the inside ones because the berry juice soaking into the brownies is what makes it so, so good. :)
- Sometimes I do a smaller version of just two layers. The 6 oz pudding box is perfect for this.