Friday, December 13, 2013

Asian Salad


This recipe was contributed by Rachel.

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law.  It's delicious and super easy because you don't even have to chop lettuce--the base is broccoli slaw, which you buy in a bag in the produce department.  Whenever I bring it to parties or dinners, people ask for the recipe.  So here it is!

Salad
2 packages broccoli slaw 
2 packages chicken Ramen noodles (break these up on a cookie sheet and brown them under the broiler for a few minutes--watch carefully so they don't burn) 
4-6 green onions chopped
1/2-3/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 flavor packet from Ramen

Combine dressing ingredients by shaking together in a jar.  Just before serving, combine all salad ingredients and then toss with dressing.  

**This recipe will serve 8-10 people.  I often "half it" when I am making dinner for one family or four adults.

No comments: