Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Rachel found this great recipe here and Pinned it.  We've been loving it ever since!  I usually double it.  I make one batch in my crockpot and put everything for the second batch into a freezer bag.  Then I dump it into the crockpot and just cook it for a bit longer on another lazy day.  YUM!!!!


Crockpot BBQ Chicken


4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (She throws them in frozen... even easier!)

1 bottle BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's all the way!)
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder

Mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients listed under it.  Place chicken in crockpot.  Pour sauce over it and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Toward the end you can shred it up if you would like.  Then let it cook a bit longer and use it on rolls for yummy sandwiches!  You pretty much don't even have to stir it... how easy is that!?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Made this tonight as plan C when all of my "staples" magically went missing from my pantry. It was delic!!! Thanks, Rach!