Saturday, November 17, 2012

Green Chili Cream Cheese Enchiladads

When I had a baby this spring my Aunt Jackie brought us these enchiladas.  I have many an enchilada recipe that I enjoy, but once I took one bit of these I knew they needed to be added into my recipe rotation.  I like it because they are yummy and creamy, but they are a little bit different because they do not use any cream soups, and they are topped with green enchilada sauce, which I love.

Green Chili Cream Cheese Enchiladas

6+ soft tortillas
8 oz. cream cheese
2 small cans diced green chiles
2 cups cooked, cubed or shredded chicken
28 oz can green enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Saute cream cheese, green chiles, and pre-cooked chicken until it is warm and nicely combined.  Fill tortillas with meat mixture and some of the cheese, reserving some cheese to sprinkle on the top.  Roll up tortillas and place in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with PAM.  Pour enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.  Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments: